How Can Someone Change An Appointee?

If the current appointee no longer wishes to act and nominates another person or organisation or if the individual is unhappy with their appointee and has the capacity to choose an alternative, suitable appointee they can request that this happens.

The existing appointee would need to agree to relinquish their appointeeship with the DWP and the new appointee would need to apply by completing a BF56 document and sending it to the DWP. The DWP will need to be assured that the request to change an appointeeship is in the best interest of the benefit recipient, however.

Useful Appointeeship Information

More Questions? - Start an online chat with a team member by Clicking Here: